1. Opioids as Drugs of Abuse. https://www.drugabuse.gov/videos/nida-opioids
2. Opioid Overdose Crisis. https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-overdose-crisis
3. Andrade EL., Meotti FC., Calixto JB. (2012) TRPA1 antagonists as potential analgesic drugs. Pharmacol Ther. 133:189-204. Provides a review of TRPA1 antagonists for different types of pain.
4. Kremeyer, B., Lopera, F., Cox, JJ., Momin, A., Rugiero, F., Marsh, S., Woods, CG., Paterson, KJ., Fricker, FR., Villegas, A, et al. (2010) A gain-of-function mutation in TRPA1 causes familial episodic pain syndrome. Neuron 66: 671-680.
5. Paulsen, CE, Amache, JP, Gao, Y,Cheng, Y, Julius, D. (2015) Structure of the TRPA1 ion channel suggests regulatory mechanisms. Nature 520: 511-517.
6. Herz, JM, Kesicki, E, Tian, J, Zhu, M, Thomsen, J. (2016) A novel class of potent, allosteric TRPA1 antagonists reverse hyperalgesia in multiple rat models of chronic pain. FASEB J. 30: 927.3